Bill of Rights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8th ammendment - excess bail or fines

Go down

8th ammendment - excess bail or fines Empty 8th ammendment - excess bail or fines

Post  soglear Fri May 04, 2012 5:27 pm

OK - I'm in NO way a history or governemnt guru, but after reading through the bill of rights, WTF does this nbr 8 one mean? Umm -what about all the stories of people you hear that get bails set at like $100,000 for a missed court appearance, because they have a prior for writing a $35 bad check to their hair dresser 4 yrs ago, or $3 million for stealing a car (okay maybe three or four cars over the course of a few years, lol).

I don't know - I think almost all fines & bails I hear of are excessive!

And then cruel & unusual punishment? What about the person who loses their drivers license or can't travel to Toronto because they are late on their child support? Doesn't matter what written or verbal "agreement" the parents may have had, if it was not put through the court. One day, the custodial parent gets a wild hair and the other parent is up a creek...a major one.........

There needs to be a bill of right to protect kids from crazy parents....whether they are a victim of divorce or not!!

soglear

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum